Thứ Sáu, 31 tháng 10, 2014

MY ADULTHOOD EXPERIENCES

MY TINDER EXPERIENCE


Tinder hype finally hits Vietnam, an exotic place. How can a 9x generation like me stay out of the trend?

Thanks to the advance of the internet, people nowaday can diversify their chances to find " the one" by matching you randomly with a totally stranger near your location, who can have no mutual background with you. Nonetheless, how useful it is for the young still remains controversial. 

Some might claim it rubbish, since only dating suckers use an Apps to get a date, yeah it can be true. I totally understand why some people feel that way because of all the scam and "Catfish" things, But it doesn't mean we can't find a single decent person on the internet. I personally enjoyed all my online dates and:

Do I feel like a loser? NO! because I chose to do it. It's not the only way I can meet guys, but I call it the more effective way. Even if you are a super extrovert person, you have to admit that it's so much easier to say hi with a person on the Internet than in real life: You can avoid awkward gaze or unwanted attention in public place, etc.
and Do I feel like a slutty lady? NO!  why should I feel that way? since Tinder wasn't made for hooking up only, just because a lot people ultilize it that way, it doesn't mean I do the same thing.

Disclamer: I am not here to refute or support any statements, because perspectives are objective and different individuals can have various opinions about one thing.



So Trang how did your Tinder adventure start?

Frankly, when I first heard about this Apps, I found it  disgusting 
(sorry Tinder fans): for online dating, hooking up purpose, where people find their One night stand partner, etc. And  according to the norm that I grew up with, all of those listed above are quite unacceptable. However, eventually I installed it on my phone anyway after watching a Parody of Conan O'brien and Dave Franco about Tinder on Youtube. In addition, I'm the kind of a person who always want to experience all the legal but inappropriate things pratically at least once in my life because #YOLO duh...!!! Also, I was bored and just broke up at that time so why not? Meeting new people can be adventurous and fun (^-^).

Why do you want to share it on your blog? are you shameless?

Yes, I am, and there are nothing to be a shame about expanding your opportunities to find the right one, since you will never know who will be special to you if you keep yourself in your own comfortzone and fantasize Unicorn farting rainbow on your life.

Ok ok, we got it, How were your experiences?

So far so good !

Apparently, I got a lot of matches on Tinder around 100+, thanks to 360camera ( yay!! bragging time), most just stop at online chatting, I'm very skeptical when it comes to meeting strangers. However, i have met 2. Lucky for me that all my dating experiences on Tinder are quite nice and decent, and they somehow changed my point of view about Tinder, not completely opposite but more neutral. They brought positive aspects to me, of course there were some sad moments, but i think the good has outweighted the bad, and I truly feel thankful for all of them, they have taught me alot of things throughout our conversations. Coincidentally, both my dates are Asian - Americans, but each has a different story to tell. I wish I had more time to get to know them even more, it isn't love it's clear to see, but they have good friend materials

 And you know what this blog was born because of a guy I met recently on Tinder, He is the best experience of mine, maybe because I have the special feeling for him, we traveled together, hung out, etc.(But now he is gone, gosh! I still have him-withdrawal, it was so sad when he left, I still feel emotional whenever I think about it) he inspired me to do this, his desire to travel and his free-spirit enlightened me and gave me motivation to work hard for my dream.

How to do it safely?

The first thing is that you have to get to know the person, you are chatting with, so take time to get to know him through the chatting function on Tinder, DO NOT give away your number to everyone, because you may end up changing your number if you unfortunately meet a creep, always be selective and keep your eyes wide open. 

If he is nice and easy to talk to, you have to let your gut deciede. After giving him phone number or SNS account, let's start chatting! Be genuine, but not be easy, since you can't expect people to open up and nice to you if you don't do the same to them, treat people the way you want to be treated, no exception. Let's your charm works its magic. A good online conversation can be delivered to a good date.

Secondly, you should never ever expect anything further than just a simple date after a good first date, be classy ladies/ gentlemen. Let it be, otherwise you may scare the shit out of him/ her and lower your self-worth. 

Finally, high expectation only leads to disappointment, true story! Nobody is perfect, what you see on their profile pictures may be the best angel they can potrait, look for what inside is more important.


So, What is the main purpose of this post?

hmm, in a nutshell, Tinder or other dating apps are not bad thing. It's people who give them bad reputation I want to share my opinions and encourage young people who read this post to go out and meet a lot of people. Nevertheless, you have to use Meeting apps wisely to protect yourselves, create good memory and to make new friends. Don't limit yourselves in a box and wait for the special to come and find you and be adventurous your life because it's short and #Yolo.

And  If you are looking for love on a dating apps, don't be a shame of it, be proud that you choose a short cut instead of beating a round the bush, after all love is the only thing that matters. Who doesn't want to spend more time with their love one???????

Will you keep finding luck on Tinder?

I will, but
I dont think i will go on another date anytime soon because I'm emotionally exhausted, I'm sad but no regret, people come and go, memories stay, and if it means to be we will meet again. From now on, I will join more real life club and try to expand my social networking and work hard for my dream.

 What a long essay
I have to stop now, today is halloween, my friends are waiting for me. I may share my halloween experience in Saigon in my next post woohoo. ok Bye.





Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét