Thứ Năm, 23 tháng 10, 2014

MY EVERYDAY ADDICTION



I GO GAGA FOR CAFE SỮA ĐÁ



Thanks to the amazing coffee a.k.a cafe this morning, my mind is flooding with a lot of ideas, It's gonna be a productive day (woohoo). 
I always want to share something special about #Saigon, my home #city, i kept looking for a good topic, then bamf, my friend suggested me :" why dont you write about cafe? since you love cafe so much". Yes, i do love cafe, I literarilly can't stay awake at work or at school w/o it.

But, Trang Addiction is never a good thing????

I know, but I usually only have one cup of coffee everyday. According to some studies, caffein helps people to reduce their unwanted fat. In fact, a lot of people have succeed using coffee to lose weight Having a small cup of coffee everyday will help people focus on their tasks at work place better. As long as people can control their addiction, coffee is a highly recommended daily drink

So Trang, What is the best way to enjoy a cup of #coffee? 

For me, I prefer the conventional way, the Vietnamese way - cafe phin. Vietnamese people drink coffee every day, it becomes a part of our culture. The way people make and enjoy their coffee is so elegant . I can proudly claim that we have our own Cafe- SWAG XDD. 

So Trang, What makes Vietnamese Coffee so special?

There are 3 things that make our coffee a highly appriciated product and lifestyle defined :
First, our coffeemaker: the V- shaped filter (phin). This tool allows the ground coffee bean to absorb the hot water and produce the shining black liquid. In order to enjoy a cup of coffee in Vietnamese style, a person has to be very patient because the coffee liquid will drop a little by little in their cups. And when Vietnamese people drink coffee, they will take it slow to taste the bitterness and the sweetness. You cannot be rush when it comes to Vietnamese coffee style. 

Another interesting thing is that for Vietnamese people coffee doesnt have a particular type, It's very diverse in flavor, and the flavor of coffee is decided by the roasting process. I will list some of them here : Robusta, Royal, Mocha, etc. 

Finally, Vietnamese people have their own taste of milk coffee, we like our coffee to be rich and intense, It maybe too much for foreigners, but if your heart is strong enough, you should definitely try. Some people like a cup of dark coffee, some like to put condensed milk to lighten and sweeten their coffee, and it's called cafe sua da ( My favorite)

Where can you get cafe??

well everywhere, every corner 
You can easily find a small vendor selling coffee or a take a way coffee shop anywhere in Saigon
A trend among Young Saigon-ers these day is "Cafe Bệt" ( Is a Vietnamese Slang for "sit down and enjoy coffee"). And the most common place to have Cafe bệt is near the Notre dame church, one of the most popular landscape of Saigon.
IF you wonder where you can get a high quality cup of coffee and see coffee art by your own eyes, I suggest :

Trung Nguyên Coffee
Phuc Long Coffee Tea and Coffee


P/s: Just realize that this post is getting too long, just my bla bla about cafe, but with my limited English, this is the best I can do to describe my insights about coffee. I don't expect ppl to read my post but if you do, I hope that you have a good time.
YOU HATE SAIGON? I HATE YOU

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét