Thứ Sáu, 7 tháng 11, 2014

TOP 5 NOODLES DISHES IN SAIGON

Sorry my little blog, I have neglected you lately, but no worries, I'm coming back with a serie of eyecandy foody posts, and this time I will go with something more Asian, and it's no other than 
NOO F*cking DLES or Asian version of western spaghetti. I was thinking about putting all in one post, but ain't nobody got time for that, just kidding, I want to take time to go for more detail about each different dishes, also check my understanding about Vietnamese cuisine. Ok, I will stop beating around the bush and go straight to the best part of today : 
Disclamerthis is my own favorite list and base mostly on my observation and personal preference.Different people may have various orders, but I believe a lot of saigon-ers will agree with most of the items on my list



5. Hủ tiếu Nam Vang
hủ tiếu nước. Cre: Internet
This is a Vietnamese take on dish and It's originated from Cambodia but first made by a Chinese,(well most types of noodles around Asia somehow came from China),and the Khmer developed it to the new level, one of the " Must try'' things if you travel to Cambodia . Seriously, It's my mid night craving, the hot broth comfort your soul, the chewy texture from the noodles, plus all the goodness of the toppings, it's to die for. I have to have one every week because if  I don't, i would dream about it at night ( OMG, TRANG you are so weird)
 In Vietnam, we have our own Hủ tiếu dish but ehem, I gotta admit that something about Hủ tiếu Nam Vang capture more Viet foodies than it's Vietnamese relative.
Hủ tiếu khô
Beside. there are 2 ways that you can enjoy a Hủ tiếu Nam vang
The one with the broth serving in the same bowl with the noodles, we call it Hủ tiếu nước, and the other one, which is my favorite, is the dry one a.k.a Hủ tiếu khô, not a unpleasant dry, It's just the noodles is served without the broth and mix with black soya sauce ( hắc xì dầu) and their secret sauce the top with various kinds of topping, i will describe it later.

And Why is it popular in Saigon?
 It isn't just popular in Saigon only but also in the South of Vietnam, because there is a considerable number of Khmer people living in the South of Vietnam especially Mekong Delta and they carry their traditional customs and cooking style from generation to generation, and what good will eventually become popular and Hủ tiếu Nam Vang made it.
And don't worry we still leave them the credit for making such a delicious noodles dish in the name " Nam Vang" is the name old name of Cambodia's capital in Vietnamese

And what makes Hủ tiếu taste so good?
The naturally sweet broth and various kinds of topping.
Unlike the chinese Hủ tiếu and Vietnamese's hủ tiếu, Hủ tiếu Nam vang has a distinctive sweet broth made from slow cooking alot of pig bones, alot of vegetables like carrots and daikon raddish,dry seafood like shrimps and squids. All of those ingredients are just for the  broth only and that's why it looks so simple and delightful yet very complex and requires alot of techniques to accomplish
For the Toppings : Pig organs like kidneys, liver, quail eggs minced pork, pork slices, Garlic oil, Garlic chives, Garlic Vinegar, Spring Oninions, Shrimps, etc. It has all the best of the best.

But Is the Hủ Tiếu Nam Vang we get in Saigon authentic?

The answer is No. We adjusted the ingredients and the seasoning to fit our taste. It's quite understandable, since different regions has different preferences.

Where can we get a good bowl of Hủ tiếu Nam Vang ?
There are many Hủ tiếu shop or restaurants here, it's all good in my opinion and the price is around 50.000đ around  2$ and 50 cents :
The list of place you can get it
1. Hủ tiếu Nam Vang Nhân quán 68 A Nguyễn Trãi, Phường, Nguyễn Cư Trinh, Quận 1
2.  Hủ tiếu Nam Vang Phú Quý 84 Hồ Thị Kỷ, Phường 14 Quận 10
3. Hủ tiếu Nam Vang Đạt Thành 607 CMT8, Quận 10
I gotta go and get me one, I make myself feeling so hungry :( 
it's 10 pm now, my diet dislikes it.
I'm exhausted, today I had to translate a 15 pages report about water treatment technology at work, my eyes can't stare at the screen any longer, so I will stop here. But, before shutting down and going to bed, I will leave next week spoiler here, the rest of the list
4. Bún Bò
3. Bánh Canh cua
2. Phở
1.Bún riêu
If you are reading this series at night, God helps your diet !!!
Bye bye Bloggy

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét