Thứ Bảy, 13 tháng 12, 2014

THE PERKS OF BEING A TALL GIRL IN VIETNAM

"Being tall for a girl  is just like being short for a guy"
You may feel less like a girl
It's hard to be a good pair with someone else 


I'm 171cm, around 5'75 ft, not that tall if I were born in a developed country, but in Vietnam, apparently, the avarage height of women is 154cm, around 5'ft and 162cm around 5'2 ft for man, thus, girls who are 165+ cm are basically gaint here. 


"Wow you are so tall"

'' Please don't wear heels''
" You boyfriend must be 6'ft or more"
" How tall are you?"
" You must play volleyball, right?"
" Can you get the paper on the upper shelf for me?
" You must drink milk alot"


That's what I get almost everyday, and I'm used to it.


Hey hey hey, don't get me wrong, this is not a complaining post, I make this post because I feel like some of other tall girls I know don't really embrace their looks enough and let's the old mindset bother their self-confidence.

I will list the common struggles below and then elaborate my view and how I handle them, just by thinking differently.


" People always think I'm older than I really am..." 

Haha, I totally understand that, I mean who doesn't want to look younger. However, in some cases, looking younger than your age isn't an absolute advantage, especially in the professional world, employees tend to hire people who can give them a "reliable" feeling. In my personal experience, a decently tall person tends to recieve more favor in interview, a confident walk plus the height make him or her stand out  from the crowd without much efforts, and somehow gain him/ her a good impression. That's why alot of short girls have to burry themselves under layers of make up just to get the mature looks which you already have and speaking of that, you are doing a big favor to your budget and your skin. Every Morning, just mascara and lips gloss then you are good to go. 

Moreover, nowaday People spend alot of money and effort on improving their height by using pills, insanely high heels, joining special yoga class, and more ridiculous physical activities. But, we already have it in your gene, I don't see why some tall people wish to be shorter.

"Clothes are never long enough"


I understand this problem so well, I was a Boyish girl back in highschool days, I barely had Skirts or dresses in my closet, just Jeans, long pants and Tees and it was hard to find a pair of jeans that can reach my ankles here, I usually had to go shopping in the areas that specialize in clothing for foreigners, Or go to the tailor shop, to have clothes my size and the prices are =.=. Also for shoes, I'm a big foot, (lol) few years ago, no way I can find a pair of shoes that fit me perfectly from the begining, thus, whenever I bought new shoes, I had to let my mom use first to loosen them abit, basically, I always had to wear 2nd hand shoes.


Despite all that, you have to admit that when a tall girl wear a fit jeans, Dam!! she looks good. Not being vain but I enjoy seeing myself in jeans (.. yeah, I'm vain). 


Luckily, It's not that hard now since the younger generation are taller, Cothing shops start to adjust their products' size. So yeah, It takes us more effort to find a fit clothes but Girls usually dont mind spending hours on clothes anyway.


If you are more like girly type, you can always choose a medium or short dress to comply your long legs. In addition, Áo Dài, tall girls can rock Áo dài like nobody's business.



 the possibility is endless, the only limit is your imagination.


"Some guys get intiminated by my height" and "and even tall guys like petty girls"

True, most men prefer to be masculine and your height can make a guy him feel less like a man, while shorties can give him the confidence. 

  • But may I ask you a question? "You want a real man or a pussy?" 

Only Pussy man needs someone else to make him more manly

A real man  Knows when, where and how to show his manliness.
When It comes to love, height doesn't matter. (True Story). 
My aunt is nearly 10 cm taller than her husband, but they are the most cheesy couple, I have ever seen.


My Advices ( May not mean anything but hope you guys can take it as a consideration):
Girls:
If he is taller, It's good
But if he is not, but still confident enough to approach you, that's the real man right there, man of all men kinds (^O^), what are you waiting for? Don't limit yourself and look for a guy who is a head taller than you, because on bed we will lie down, height isn't a problem (jk) lol , just kidding, but seriously,nobody is perfect, he may have some but also lack of some , the most important thing is to implement each other and respect  his/herself imperfection.
If guy doesn't like you for your personality, then it's fine, everyone has his/her specific type, but if a guy said that your height or your look displeases him, I'm telling you that, that pussy can't get on our beds. :D  
=====> That's how we eleminate pussies out of our target
Guys: 
If any of you reading this post have your eyes on a taller girl, please make a move and show her your genuine, she seems to be out of your league, but she may be a very down on earth one, who will easily fall for a caring guy. You will never know how far you can go if you dont give yourself a chance. And screw what people say about you when you stand next to her, they are just jealous. :P

All in all, girls always have things to complain about and never satisfy with what they have because we usually want to be blended especially for the Vietnamese, still heavily influenced by collectivism, thus, what makes us look like " others" usually preferred. But why have to be '' normal'' when we can be cool in our ways, our differences will be our own charms, and the right person will appriciate us despite the odds.


P/s:
Not very happy with the conclusion, but my brain hurt.... 

Haha, maybe I will come up with somethings better after a good sleep. Bye Bloggy








Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét